- Heron Barn is an arts, education and community facility, offering an ongoing programme of workshops, activities and events organised by Heron Corn Mill staff.
- The barn dates from the mid-18th century and is thought to have been constructed in the 1740s, around the same time as the mill building.
- Until it was redeveloped the barn's interior had cobbled floors and stalls for cattle.
- The barn was gutted....
- and redeveloped....including underfloor heating, powered by a biomass stove
- So now the barn is a vibrant creative space...pop up cafe...
- a space for social and educational opportunity and innovative projects.
- As part of the restoration, we have improved access with limestone paving, and created an extended area for learning and recreation.
Our photo archive for your enjoyment - there's past projects, building work, volunteers, clubs, festivals and much, much more. [gallery_bank type="grid" format="masonry" title="true" desc="false"…
The Mill film archive is now online HLF Funded Films Heron Corn Mill Historical Archive Project Archive
Listen to audio recordings from our archive here Radio Bela (2013) Radio Bela Test (2013) Radio Bela - Test by Radio Bela on Mixcloud…