Volunteering At Heron Corn Mill
We rely heavily on a dedicated team of volunteers to help in the development and maintenance of the mill site, and without them this wonderful community resource would not exist. Volunteering is a great way meet new people and learn new skills, and gives you credible references and valuable experience that can help when applying for a job, and we offer volunteers the opportunity to gain valuable practical experience in the following areas:
• Guiding: Guides are at the forefront of our interaction with the public, and are responsible for helping visitors learn about the rich history of Heron Corn Mill and the site.
• Administration: There are a wide variety of administrative tasks that we need help with, from filing and mail outs to fundraising and maintaining our archive, there are a wide variety of opportunities to help around the office.
• Front of House: Our front of house volunteers work in the barn and are often our first port of call for visitors. Duties include serving customers, replenishing stock, and manning the bar on weekends, open days and during events.
• Site Maintenance: We’re always in need of volunteers to help us keep the mill and the gardens looking their best. From grass cutting and simple gardening to helping Stuart keep our machinery in working order, we have plenty of maintenance opportunities.
• Distribution: Our distribution volunteers help us distribute our flyers and programmes to tourist information centres and businesses in the local area.
Our inclusive volunteer program is open to people of all ages and abilities, so whether you are looking to learn new skills, develop existing ones or just meet new people we have something for you. If you’d like to get involved please complete the application form located here and return it to Heron Corn Mill, and one of our team will be in touch to arrange an informal interview.